Labels

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Remembering David John Davies

Earlier in the year I put in a request on the website Find a Grave. It was for anyone who could photograph the grave of my great grandfather's brother, David John Davies. For more on what I know about his life you can read the following:

David John Davies: Following the trail. 

David John Davies: Cause of death. 

I had forgotten about the request I made, but this morning I received a surprise email from Find A Grave letting me know that a David Wilson-Pinkney had discovered the grave and photographed it. Thank you!


Some of the letters are missing but I was able to piece together the wording. The inscription reads as follows:

In affectionate remembrance of David John, 
beloved husband of Edith Davies, 
who departed this life Feb 4 1931, Aged 52 years. 
Home at last, thy labour done.

There is no gravestone of his wife, Julia Edith Davies because she married some years later and emigrated to the United States. I write about her little adventure here. I have yet to find her gravestone but it is somewhere in Pennsylvania. 

I feel a sense of completion having now transcribed his gravestone as well as knowing the cause of death.

The only thing left to say is that he is buried in Penrhys Cemetery, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales at plot number D20, and burial number 434. 

No comments:

Post a Comment